What is Online Giving?
The Online Giving is an electronic funds transfer method that allows you to make contributions to Holy Cross Church without writing checks.
With Online Giving, you can schedule contributions to fit your financial situation and choose from a variety of payments methods.
How does Online Giving work?
Enrolling is easy. Just follow these 5 simple steps to set up your account:
- Visit the Holy Cross Church Online Giving website
- Click “Create New Account”
- Complete and submit the “New User Account Registration”
- Once submitted, you will receive an e-mail to activate your account
- Log in using your unique user ID and password
Choose your fund, frequency of your contribution, and the payment method.
You can contribue weekly, biweekly, monthly, twice a year, and yearly or one time gift.
There are several accepted payments methods:
- Direct Deposit from your checking or saving bank account
- Credit Cards – Visa & MasterCard
If you want to change the contribution amount or bank information, just log in and enter the new data. You can always cancel your authorization by deleting all credit cards or bank account numbers.
Does Online Giving work for any kind of contributions?
Online Giving works for the four main contribution envelopes and for extra donations:
- Sunday & Holy Days offering
- Development Fund
- Tuition Assistance for Holy Cross School students
- Tuition Assistance for St. Thomas More High School students
- Extra Donation for Holy Cross Church
- Extra Donation for Holy Cross School
Special offering envelopes such as “Mission Sunday” or “Campaign for Human Development” are handled as they previously have been–by placing them in the collection basket.
What are the advantages of Online Giving?
- It saves time and postage
- It’s easy and extremely flexible – allows aligning paychecks with offertory schedule
- Easily adjustable contribution amount
- No need for weekly checks
- Helps to fulfill stewardship commitments even when unable to attend church
- No need to share personal financial information with parish staff
- Possibility of taking advantage of credit card benefits such as cash bonuses or airline mileage
- It helps church to save money on envelopes printing and mailing expenses
- It helps church to stabilize the budget with monthly certain income
As you can see, there are many advantages to Online Giving. It’s secure, confidential, easy to set up, saves you the hassle of having to remember that checkbook every Sunday.